Useful information on some of the foods that fight fibroids
Can fibroids shrink with diet? This is one of the questions which many women suffering from fibroids often seek n answer for. Although fibroids surgery is an option for women with fibroid tumor in uterus more and more women are nowadays seeking alternative cures for treating this condition.
Natural and alternative medicine practitioners advocate the use of foods that shrink fibroids fast as the first step towards treating this condition.
Why make use of foods that shrink fibroids?
What we eat directly impacts our health, body and mind. No doubt diet by itself cannot cure the ailments we suffer from. However diet is an extremely important component of any treatment plan that makes use of natural or alternative remedies to treat fibroid.
The real cause of fibroids can vary from person to person. Often fibroids occur due to multiple reasons. Therefore a question which crosses most of our minds is – how can natural cure eliminate fibroid causes which can never be pin pointed with certainty?
Although medical science is yet to identify the real cause of fibroids in women, research has indicated that fibroids develop due to the subtle interaction of a number of factors within a woman’s body.
Most of the natural fibroid treatment plans concentrate on
a) Identifying environmental toxins,
b) Making dietary changes
c) Following a regular physical exercise routine and
f) Making use of alternative therapies like acupressure.
Specifically while undergoing treatment for fibroid it is important to eat
a) Healthy fiber rich food at regular intervals
b) Exclude certain items completely from your daily intake
c) Include plenty of certain foods that shrink fibroids fast in your diet
It is recommended that women with fibroid have 3-5 helpings of fresh organically grown fruits and vegetables every day.
Foods to avoid with fibroids
The only known probable cause of fibroids in the uterus is excess estrogen in the body. Hence all methods to shrink fibroids naturally lay a lot of emphasis on correcting estrogen dominance.
To get rid of excess estrogen in the body you must begin with weight control. Estrogen levels are high in overweight women. Obese women suffering from fibroids should shed their excess weight as the first step in fibroid cure.
It is also advisable to switch over to consuming organic fruits and vegetables wherever possible.
Cutting down the intake of meat especially red meat is also useful while undergoing treatment for fibroids.
Women suffering from fibroids must stop eating pre-packaged food since this type of food often contains harmful preservatives. As far as possible it is best not to store food in plastic containers. Instead replace these with steel, cast iron, glass or ceramic ones.
Secondly to metabolize excess estrogen in the system your liver must be functioning properly. For this it is necessary that the liver must not be overloaded.
Excess consumption of alcohol often leads to liver overload. Therefore liver detoxification is recommended to get rid of all harmful toxins stored in the liver.
What are some of the foods that fights fibroids
Here are some healthy diet tips to fight fibroids
• Drink plenty of water-at least 2-3 liters throughout the day to flush out harmful toxins from the body. Water relieves constipation, which in itself can cause toxin build up in vital organs.
• Eat all kinds of betters such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries. Berries are full of flavanoids and vitamin C, both of which are proven to relieve pain caused due to fibroids and menstrual cramps.
• Legumes, whole grains and pulses are all very useful to eliminate harmful toxins from our body. Research has indicated that beans like the black beans, red kidney beans and peas have special photo-estrogens which prevent the growth of new fibroids in uterus
• Garlic is considered as a wonder remedy for many ailments including fibroids. Being rich in antioxidants and since it has strong anti-bacterial and anti fungal properties garlic can help in discouraging the growth of fibroid in uterus. Regular use of garlic in raw form can even help to shrink fibroid over a period of time.
• Broccoli contains a particular enzyme which is useful to treat fibroids naturally and prevent growth of uterine fibroid
• Onion is an excellent source of selenium which is known to have a calming effect on muscles. Also the potent anti-inflammatory properties of onion are capable of preventing the growth of new fibroids and reducing the size of existing ones
• Artichokes are recommended by most natural medicine practitioners as a remedy for liver cleansing. Since liver is the main organ responsible for getting rid of excess estrogen from our body this liver-cleansing food is very useful for treating fibroids naturally
• Kale a green leafy vegetable which is rich in the photochemical “isothiocyanate” can not only prevent the growth of new fibroids but is also useful to keep a check on the size and numbers of existing fibroids in the uterus
• Turmeric has strong anti-inflammatory properties which is very useful for getting rid of toxins from our body. It is specifically useful in cleansing the liver, the main organ responsible for metabolizing estrogen in our bodies.
These are some of the simple dietary tips which you can easily follow as part of you fibroid cure plan. In case your fibroid symptoms are severe you may need to follow a strategic plan for uterine fibroid treatment that will ensure that each and every possible cause of fibroid tumors is eliminated from your body in a systematic manner. Since fibroids are caused due to multiple factors it is essential to follow a comprehensive treatment plan which focuses on getting rid of your existing uterine tumors and at the same time prevent the growth of new ones.